After working on Flake for the last couple of weeks I refocussed on KWord earlier this week.
I've started working on the basics, a canvas, a document and pages first. Not only for the obvious reasons but also because they needed to be reworked anyway. In the new revision I put in some new features that we kind of had support for in 1.5
After pagespreads worked I went on to put text on the pages, as already visible in the previous screenshot this also has a nice new feature. The margins for left/right have gotten a little more intelligent and now allow you to set it to be mirrored between left and right pages. So you get a small border closest to the binding creating a much nicer booklet output.
Last point I want to show today is how KWord 2.0 will benefit from the new Qt text engine by eliminating the most complained about problem; having correct WYSIWYG. See this screenshot for 1 piece of text being shown in two different zoom levels and they both look excellent!
Have a good weekend!