SEP
2004

Pfew, this is a relief.

Just a quick completely KDE unrelated personal note: My wife's heart surgery was very successfull. They found out what was wrong and were able to completely fix it. Hats off to the debugging skills of these electrophysiological cardiologists, the amount of information they can read out of a few meters of EEG output paper is astonishing. Everyone is confident that she will be better than ever and free of heart related troubles for the foreseeable future. Thanks to everyone who sent good wishes and words of encouragement, they were very much appreciated. :)

Comments

Oh, Till, I wasn't aware of that. Congratulations, and thanks for the blog, I am happy that I can share your joy. I am feeling the same way.

My wife has just finished her Cancer treatment, and the doctors are confident it won't return. It is amazing how happiness is relative: she suffered a miscarriage in the beggining of the year, related with the tumor, and we were so sad about it (the baby was 100% normal).
But now I just want to celebrate, I am so happy she is returning to her normal life.

Cheers!

Carlos Woelz

By Carlos Leonhard Woelz at Thu, 09/02/2004 - 10:54

Thank you, and all the best to you and your wife from the two of us. Let's get cracking then, and make some next generation KDE hackers, shall we? ;)

By Till Adam at Sat, 09/04/2004 - 14:13

...then to add a couple of new KDE hackers to the world ;)

But we have to wait at least one year before doing so, as the doctor said. But no worries: we are 31, and we have still plenty of time.

Carlos

By Carlos Leonhard Woelz at Sat, 09/04/2004 - 20:37

I am very happy to hear that your wife is good again Till. Wish you guys a happy and healthy life :-)

By ismail at Thu, 09/02/2004 - 11:14

Thanks, dude. The same to you and your family.

By Till Adam at Sat, 09/04/2004 - 14:07

And yes, those folks are amazing. In '99 I had some issues, saw an electrophysiological cardiologist, and experienced one of the rare occasions in life where you are in the presence of a great mind. Rare unless you are at the yearly KDE conferences :)

If your wife's experience is similar to mine, she will enjoy her newfound energy.

Derek

By dkite at Thu, 09/02/2004 - 19:17

Yeah, we think her overall wellbeing will increase significantly by this. Good to hear it improved things for you as well. :)

By Till Adam at Sat, 09/04/2004 - 14:06